Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gratitude And Giving

Because of last month's Dog Scratchin' book sales I was able to drop checks off to Fayetteville Animal Shelter and For Pets' Sake Springdale. I was absolutely giddy with delight! I wish I could say that I gave huge amounts of money, but it's a start. And as I know from working with these groups, every little bit helps. I am so happy to have been able to draw these dogs and tell their stories. Every day I hear really great feedback from someone who has read, or started to read the book. I love that. Making this book opened up a place in my heart that had been resting awhile. It wasn't closed off, or dormant, it was just waiting for the right time to wake up and get busy.
Now that I've ticked that off the list, I'm working on the Cat Scratchin' project, which I hope to launch on kickstarter in January.
A percentage of this month's proceeds will be going to Austin Pets Alive. I'll add up this weekend's sales at Eye of the Dog Art Center and then drop a check off on Monday. If you happen to be in the Austin, TX area, San Marcos is just a short drive away. Billy Ray and Beverly throw a really great show/party in a sweet country setting. Click on their link for directions and more information.
And, oh yeah, Happy Happy Thanksgiving! I plan to eat a lot of good food with good people. And I will thank my lucky stars that I have such a fortunate life. Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment