Sunday, December 2, 2012

Goal Met-New Goals


For those who follow me here rather than the kickstarter site, here is the latest update.


Hello my dear, sweet, backers of Dog Scratchin'. Just to let you know, my trip to Austin for the signing event at Wally Workman Gallery was very successful. We sold 43 books in two hours!! I got to meet many of you for the first time. And I saw many old friends. It was a thrilling,action packed,  blur of a night. Thanks to all who came out~It was pretty darned special. I've always had a goal in mind of having at least half of the 500 books gone by the first of the year.  Today's count proved that goal has already been met. I've got around 235 books left to sell and distribute.
If you would like to buy additional books (esp. for gifts) at $25.00 each, please let me know soon.(like really soon) I ship via USPS. One copy ships for $5.50 Two for $9.00 Three and above I can pack about 8 books into a flat rate box for $13.00. My mailing address (if you want to go "old skool" with a snail mailed check) is PO Box 8963 Fayetteville, Arkansas 72703-0017
I've had some questions about distribution to Rescue Orgs. for fundraising and such. I would love to get some out to different groups around the country. Here's the best way to do that; Have them contact me at Lcsheets1@yahoo.com and we can work out arrangements. What I have found is many groups either don't have room, events, energy or ability to sell books. I do not want to add to their load in any way...kind of like how the Red Cross prefers money donations rather than canned goods or your old clothes after a disaster; many dog rescue groups need funds and volunteers rather than auction or sale items. I'd like to talk with them and see how the book can be used to help them.
Just so you know, I have already (in two months of sales) been able to distribute over $500.00 to several groups. And I've made just a bit of money to help cover my costs of spending 8 months on this project. One thing I did learn is that I need to build something into the kickstarter fundraising for my time and labor (duh)...I'm ok, but it was a little tight while putting this all together. :-)  I have spent every dollar raised here on printing, design and shipping.
I'm busy at work putting together the Cat Scratchin' book video and text with plans to launch in January. I've learned a lot that will help to make this an even better and bigger project. I hope that you will join me, even if you don't have a cat, if you share the info with friends and family who do, it will help to make it a huge success.
I am so grateful for all of you and your participation in this project. I could not have done it without you. I hope your holidays are wonderful. The past year has been exceptional for me, thanks to all of you.
XX- Linda
NOTE: If you don't want to do the snail mail/old skool check route, I do have an etsy shop and you can buy books by clicking here.
My new goal is to have most of the remaining books either sold or in rescue groups hands to sell by Feb.  I think it is entirely possible. Why not?
I'm busy working on several commissions that must be done and shipped before Christmas. I'm well on my way to being finished sometime this week. Will share some of those AFTER the holidays. Don't want to spoil any secrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment