Sunday, August 12, 2012

Prairie Dogs

Oh Frisco and Sadie, I knew you well. These two were dog-sitting clients of mine, and belonged to my good friends, Jo Edna and Reina, when I lived in Austin. They were fun and adorable. I say 'were' because they are off in 'Doggie Heaven'. Their owners like to imagine that they are chasing prairie dogs and coyotes like they used to do at their New Mexico home. (they were lucky to have two homes!)
Work is wrapping up on my portion of the book. I will soon hand-off to Liz Lester Design and she will turn it all into a real book. It's been a long haul, I'm ready to be done and on to the next project. I will debut the book in Fayetteville Arkansas at the Anne Kittrell Gallery at the University of Arkansas in October. And the Wally Workman Gallery, Austin in November. That's also when they will start shipping out to all y'all. (I hope!) Wish me luck. My eyes hurt from starting at the computer. I would much rather be drawing dogs and cats and monkeys than focusing on this detail portion of the project. I really am a 'Big picture' kind of gal. But, I know I must do all of it, not just the fun part. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment