Saturday, October 20, 2012

Drawing Dogs for fun!

Now that the book is finished and all of the art from it hanging at the Anne Kittrell Gallery on the campus of the University of Arkansas, I've had some time on my hands. So I've gone through my collection of dog images that I've downloaded from here and there, and then I scratched out some new artwork, just for fun. The usual here, a 5x7 Ampersand Art scratchboard with clayboard inks. This is one of my favorite dog poses. The leaves are of course only in my mind. I'm not sure who this is, I'm referring to him/her as "Good Dog". I will frame this and take it to Wally Workman Gallery in Austin to sell. The event there will be November 13th 6-8pm. I'll be there with books, art and kickstarter rewards. I will soon add a paypal button here, and will list books at my etsy shop if you are looking for books to buy. I'll also be at Eye of the Dog Art Center in San Marcos, Texas, right after Thanksgiving selling artwork, books, magnets (big sale on those this year), and the little wooden carpenter "totes" that I've been making. Stay tuned, more information about all of that soon. In the meantime, I'm off to Petco today to work with For Pets' Sake Springdale to get a bunch o' dogs adopted out. They are such a fun group that does great work, rescuing animals from the city shelter and placing them in good homes. I am donating 10% of sales to them, and 10% to the Fayetteville Animal Shelter this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment