Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas Is Done Let's Go!

Pay no attention to that awful wallpaper in the background. Around January one, I jumped in--full on--into making folk art birds from misc. pieces parts from my wood scrap pile. This is just a few of them, there are a total of 18 right now....and I don't think I'm done yet. It's all part of my "using up" everything around me. The color is from acrylic artists paints (when I imagined I might be a painter) The pieces are from games, and crap I have picked up over the years, or left overs from other building projects. I'm even using nails that I bought in bulk at an auction in Northern Indiana nine years ago. (I was there taking care of my dying Father and took a break in the daily grind. Certainly one of the strangest things I've bid on and won at auction.)
I'm about to launch the Cat Scratchin' book at kickstarter...waiting for their approval, don't worry you will hear all about it. Feb. has 5 different scratchboard classes planned. Will do another blog with those locations and dates next week. Until then, these birds want to fly out of here to your house. Some are already sold, drop me a line if you're interested in one or two or three. They are $55.00 each + shipping. Most are around fourteen inches high, although last night I put together some teeny tiny ones, cute. I'm about to put together a class proposal for the spring at Eye Of The Dog Art Center. Will keep you posted on that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment