Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Lucky Lindy

This sweet pup with the blue eyes is Lindy. Her owner calls her "Lucky Lindy". After reading her story I know why. She was a scared little pup at the back of her dog run at the shelter. With love and time she was brought our of her hiding place and has, for the most part, overcome her fears. I love drawing these dogs. I've got one more to draw for the book and I am sad about that. I will miss the daily episodes of drawing and reading the stories. But I can see a sequel in my future. And for now, I have enough examples of other dogs pulled off the internet that I can draw, just for fun. It's hard to explain this compulsion, this need to make art. The more I do it, the more I need to do it. That's not a bad thing though. It's a huge part of what makes my life good. I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment