Wednesday, June 26, 2013

It's A Good Day In Linda-Land!

These two are super cute. This artwork didn't end up in the book. It was just an exercise in being loose and fun. It's Ampersand Art Scratchboard. 5x7 inch.
I'm happy. The kickstarter project (click here to see) is just under halfway funded. There are 26 days to go. If I don't raise the full amount of a mere $550.00 I get nothing. That's ok. I can live with that. I'd rather not though. I'd like to see my 4 posters go out into the world and make people happy. That's all I'm asking for. Just a little hint of success. The other day I was lamenting to a friend about art sales being down and she said, 'well, you can always go back to plumbing.' Uh, no, I can't. I spent almost thirty years crawling around under houses, in tight attics and trying to fit myself into impossible spaces, all while either making fire with a torch(and trying to not burn the house down) or woman-handling a couple of pipe wrenches. Don't get me wrong, it was a great trade. I'm happy I did it. I'm happy I at least tapped the top of my head on the glass ceiling in the trades. But the reality is, I'm older now, and I can't do what I once did. The last major project I did was help a friend build her house from the ground up. I was 50 then, and it was hard, but I could still do it without killing myself. Not any more. I have constant neck pain from bulging discs and bone spurs. I'm happy to still be able to handle scratchboard drawing all day long, every day.  Not feeling sorry for myself, just my reality. So I follow my art muse. Right now it's the books, who knows what it will be next year.
Please take a look at my project and see if you have any interest, or if you know someone who might. Thanks! Follow your dream, even if it leads you on a curvy path.

No comments:

Post a Comment